Food is prepared daily in our canteen by our dedicated external catering team, Aspens Services, who provide a varied menu which changes on a regular basis. Fresh ingredients are delivered and cooked each day, with nutritious hot and cold choices available at break and lunch, including full home cooked meals, freshly made sandwiches and desserts.
Menus are rotated on a three-weekly basis – please click the link below to view sample menus (these are currently in the process of being updated).
All year groups have staggered break and lunch times – please click this link to view the academy day timings.
Free School Meals
A number of students may be eligible for free school meals. They will qualify for income-related free school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and you do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Please be aware that the following benefits do not qualify for Income Related Free School Meals: Contributions based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Contributions based Employment & Support Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Invalidity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Child Benefit.
For full details, please visit the Wakefield Council website: https://www.wakefield.gov.uk/schools-and-children/free-school-meals
If a student is entitled to free school meals their account is automatically credited each day with sufficient funds to purchase a main meal of the day, a dessert and a drink.