Executive Head Of The Trust
Welcome to the Rodillian Multi Academy Trust. My name is Andy Goulty and I have been the Executive Headteacher since the Trust’s inception in September 2014.
The RMAT grew from the highly successful Rodillian Academy, where I was Headteacher from 2008. I hope, on this page, to provide you with some information as to what makes the Rodillian Multi Academy Trust such a special and high achieving trust, where every one of its students and staff can feel proud to belong to. Our key motivation is to provide the best possible academic experience in every one of our academies.
We are highly aspirational at all levels, but go beyond academic success to develop character and resilience in each of our students, enabling them to become well-rounded citizens and promoting the best outcomes in everything they do. The key features which underpin our philosophy on education are:
• that all students have the highest aspirations;
• to deliver an innovative and engaging curriculum which provides independent school opportunities within a secondary school context;
• a commitment to divergent teaching, supported by our belief in teacher freedom. This provides a stimulating and varied learning environment, where one size does not fi t all;
• traditional values of behaviour, supported by our Positive Discipline system; our PD system enables teachers and students alike to focus on learning and not behaviour management;
• a mindset for growth, which supports both staff and students in their pursuit of excellence;
• a dedication to educational development based on highly selective methodology and research based enquiry.
Since our Trust was established, it has grown by taking on under-performing schools to develop them to beyond national standards. We now lead six secondary schools, along with our own alternative provision centre. Our schools are all clustered within 30 minutes travelling distance of one another, allowing us the ability to provide high quality networks and support.
Welcome to the Rodillian Multi Academy Trust.